Sunday, July 10, 2011

Target Toy Clearance!

I absolutely love Target! It is my weakness, which is why I try not to go there too often.  Even with the best of intentions, a list, my coupons paired up, I almost always find more things I can't live without when I go there.

Twice a year, Target has a spectacular toy clearance....I mean it guys it's AWESOME! You already missed the first one of the year (or maybe you didn't, if so post your good deals!) but the second one for the year should be happening any time now!!!

Currently most stores have a lot of toys marked 30% off, these will go down to 50% off and then down to 75% off....and maybe a few to 90% but that's pushing it!

I have little girls so I do not pay much attention to boy toys but I know they usually have a bunch of things for both! Last year I got a Leap Frog alphabet ball for like $6, a TAG reader for around $10, Fisher Price little mommy set (retails $50 regularly) for $12. My basement has Christmas presents ready for my niece, and all 3 of my daughters. Now, don't get me wrong I still have to buy them other things!

Some of you may be saying, "Lori I can't think that far ahead" or "How do I know what my kid's will like at Christmastime" well you have a point.  It is far ahead but seriously Christmas will be here before we know it....and while you may not know what the hottest toy on the market will be in December, you generally know if your child likes Polly Pockets, Zhu Zhu's (which will probably be like $2) Barbies, Lego's, or whatever.  For example, my youngest is only 15 months...she really doesn't have any interests at the moment. Unless you count opening my kitchen cupboards and chewing on sponges! So I plan to buy her toys that a general 2 year old girl will like.  Dolls, blocks, puzzles....those kinds of things.  But in my head I will plan on buying her maybe 2 more items closer to Christmas.  This way I won't overspend but still have scored some amazing deals!  (Yes I plan to score awesome deals on the 1 yr old's presents since I have a feeling the 10 yr old and 4 yr old will be breaking the bank with their wants this year!!)

I will keep you posted when I see that it is hitting the Pittsburgh area...plan to go the day that happens to have a good selection!  People fill up several carts during this time, be prepared....and BE NICE!

Keep your eye on Totally Target's website since I am sure she will be more in the know than me!

2 comments:

  1. Also, remember to stock up on birthday presents, Easter next year (if you see spring like toys!) and any other occassion you might need a present for a child! Toys for Tots too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome. I'll have to keep an eye out for that sale.

    ReplyDelete