Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Cost of Clutter

Spring has officially sprung! Every spring I get the clean/organize bug and I am hoping this is the year I officially get rid of the clutter in our house!  With 3 children in my house, we have a lot of toys and clutter! Walking through our play room some days is dangerous! If you saw my basement you would be in shock! And then there is my overflowing health and beauty stock pile that has taken up the hallway floor....yes, we have clutter!

If you search the internet for cost of clutter many articles come up, my goal is to read through these articles and share the info with you.  Also I am going to try and figure out the true cost of the clutter in our household.  I will be doing a yard sale, giving away various baby gear/clothes and other items. Hopefully this blog will keep me accountable!

Based on an article I read tonight it said to take your home's value divided by the square footage equals the value of each square foot in your home.  If you calculate about how much square footage contains clutter that will give you an idea of how much it is costing you!

I think this week I am going to work on the playroom after my girl's are in bed.  Even if I only spend 15 minutes a night working on a room, thats better than I was doing! 

Anyone up for the challenge with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment