Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quick Check In

Sorry I have been MIA this week.  Our house is a little crazy, we're moving my 10 yr old into the tiniest of our 3 bedrooms and my two little ones into her old room.  We have stuff everywhere and it's just chaos!

Also my youngest daughter, Brenna will be 1 on April 1st. I have been busy planning her party, and sulking in the fact that my baby is going to be one. The year has gone by so fast, and her first few months were definitely a blur.

I did attempt Walgreens this week.  Colgate toothbrushes are on sale 2/$6, and if you buy 2 you get a $4 Register Reward, plus I had two $2.00 off coupons. I hope to take this $4.00 Register Reward I earned and buy 2 Skintimate shave gels plus a Lady Speed Stick and spend nothing but tax, and earn another $3.00 in Register Rewards. We'll see if I get a chance to head back there this week.

Rite Aid-I have $15 in +UP's that expire this week.  Nothing in their sale ad impresses me that will earn me +UP's. So...I might be buying my kids some Easter stuff, or buying some infant Rite Aid brand Tylenol since it's BOGO. Still need to work up a deal.

At Giant Eagle, I managed to get 20 packets of Kool-Aid and three 2 liters of Diet Pepsi for free. My total before my Advantage Card was $181, after Advantage Card $139.00 and I paid $95. I got 2 huge packs of Brawny paper towels, diapers, case of wipes, and an overflowing cart for this, but it's still more than I like to spend. 

Since I have been over spending I am going to attempt to only spend XX amount of dollars towards stocking up.  Each week I hope to post what my stock up items will be for the week.  Then after that, I really hope to get back on the meal planning wagon.  By meal planning, we really do save money and I tend to keep myself in check at the store better as well.  Wish me luck, and I will keep you updated! If Giant Eagle is having an awesome sale, I might blow my entire stock up money there!

No comments:

Post a Comment